- Location: Mount Duneed VIC
- Category: Drug & Alcohol Services
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Trades & Maintenance
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
Regular - more than 6 months
Daily after12pm, shift are available and times are negotiate afternoon. Additional information is provided by the agency.
Initial interview with orientation and on-going guidance and support from staff members.
Be a role model and patiently share the fundamental metal work skills. With the nature of this role, volunteers must at all times abstain from any alcohol or drug use while being a part of our mentoring program.
- commitment to privacy and confidentiality is a must,
- good communication skills, non-judgemental attitude, certain maturity and genuine interest/willingness to help people in need,
- must possess a caring and supportive nature and have a great knowledge and passion for working with metal.
- previous experience in training small groups and or the AOD field would be an advantage but not essential as training options can be discussed.
lunch & tea/coffee.
We are seeking a volunteer who can teach and pass on your knowledge, skills and the fundamentals of metal work. You will be helping our residents to gain basic knowledge and skills while they are participating in our Men's Alcohol and Drugs rehabilitation program.
It is important for these men to gain new skills and participate in socialising activities that could go toward helping them re-enter the workforce and the community.
You will have access to our large, dedicated metal workshop full of all equipment and tools that you would required. In small groups you will show our participants the current WHS policies and procedures around machine operations and workshop etiquette. Please come and join our large team of volunteers who are sharing their skills to help our guys on their recovery journey in so many ways.