About this opportunity
Our Vinnies Seymour shop team is growing!
If you ever wanted to give Retail a go, or are looking to trying something different, we invite you to join our volunteer team.
There are many aspects of the store for you to get involved in including:
• Creating amazing customer experiences
• Sorting, pricing and displaying an array of donated goods in a team environment
• Assisting to design unique window displays
More specifically you will have:
• A welcoming and friendly presence within the store
• An eye for detail
• A proactive 'can do' approach
We offer an opportunity to:
• Be part of the Retail team that makes a significant impact on local communities
• Learn valuable customer service, merchandising, sales and teamwork skills in a respected national NFP organisation
• Build lifelong friendships
We are Centrelink approved.
A little about Vinnies…
As one of the most recognised charitable organisations, St Vincent de Paul Society has been offering a ‘hand up’ to Victorians in need for over 160 years. We operate over 100 stores commonly called ‘Vinnies’ that raise funds for those who are vulnerable. Raised funds are directed back into local communities through the provision of practical support, advocacy and friendship.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Flexibility of hours and days across Monday to Friday 9 - 4.30 PM Saturday 9.30 - 1.30 PMGood for
- Centrelink Approved
- Travelling/short term volunteers
- Volunteers with limited English
- Work Experience
- Youth/school volunteers (age 14-18)
- Retail and Sales
No experience required. Induction and on the job training will be provided.Reimbursement
Tea, coffee & water provided. Society will reimburse cost of photo for WWCC.