About this opportunity
The Family Home Visitor Volunteer position is a long-term opportunity to visit families and assist mothers who are struggling to cope with new babies and children under 3 years of age.
- Parenting experience or experience with children
- Be functionally fit and mobile
- Be warm, empathetic, have a non-judgemental attitude and be a good listener
- Have a genuine interest in helping mothers and small children
- Have common sense and flexibility
- A car would be helpful.
Volunteers are required in the Sutherland Shire.
Ongoing in service - 2nd Wednesday every month
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
National Police Check
Working with Children Check
Attend 4 day compulsory training prior to commencement
3-4 hours morning or afternoon any day Monday to FridayGood for
- Centrelink Approved
- Skilled Volunteer
- Companionship and Social Support
compulsory 4 day training prior to commencement plus on going training provided