- Location: Casino NSW
- Category: Other
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Trades & Maintenance
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Travelling Volunteers
15hr/week over 3 days
Induction by Volunteer Officer
- National Police Certificate *
WWCC, organisation can assist with applying for a Volunteer's WWCC at induction.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
A not-for profit organisation that provides community services in the Casino township and its outlying villages. As one of the most diverse organisations in Casino, the organisation delivers projects that offer support to people in need across the community.
The project provides fresh, organic produce to those most in need of support and assistance, as well as the opportunity to socialise with like-minded people.
The organisation is seeking two Volunteer Garden Supervisors to manage the overall planning and oversight of the gardens and its volunteers. Each role will enable you to showcase your green thumb, as well as your drive and passion for your local community.
About the Role:
Currently recruiting for two Community Garden Supervisor positions, each 15 hours across 2-3 days per week (some flexibility will be considered), for an immediate start.
The key responsibilities are to:
• Manage volunteer community garden staff including rostering, and record, track and report Work for the Dole participants’ hours each week
• Oversee planning, operations and construction projects at the garden
• Fostering a sense of community in the garden and helping new gardeners integrate into the community
This opportunity will suit a person with experience in gardening and supporting volunteers.