About this opportunity
What do these volunteering opportunities offer?
• A chance to make a highly valued contribution to the healthcare needs of athletes, officials, spectators, workforce and the media
• A career highlight to combine your passion for sports with your profession to embrace an experience like no other
• The opportunity to diversify your skills and experience in a unique clinical setting
A once-in-a-lifetime volunteer experience
Volunteering at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games will be an incredible once-in-a-lifetime experience for all those who are involved. It will be our chance to showcase to the world how diverse, friendly and skilled our community is.
Dedicated, friendly volunteers are the cornerstone of all great events and GC2018 will be no different. We’re looking for volunteers with a wide variety of skills and experience to Shape the Games for athletes, officials and fans.
Our goal is to create a volunteer-centric program that encompasses up to 15,000 capable, committed and connected volunteers.
There will be a number of different roles across all of our venues and service areas, so if you have the passion then we have the opportunity for you.
What kind of roles will be offered?
We are seeking experienced medical professionals from a range of clinical specialities including emergency and primary care doctors, sports doctors, radiologists and orthopaedic, plastic and maxillofacial surgeons to volunteer with the GC2018 Medical Team.
A range of roles for experienced medical professionals will be available at the Games Village Polyclinic, the Athlete Medical Facility at competition venues, and the Field of Play team, amongst others.
Suitable applicants for these roles will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Relevant qualifications in your professional field
• Two years’ clinical experience (for some roles, four years’ post-graduate clinical experience is required)
• Generalist or specialist registration (or eligible to hold) with the relevant governing body
How do you apply?
To submit your application for this once in a lifetime opportunity and help shape our Games, please click ‘Express Interest’ and you will be directed to our online application form.
• be aged 16 or over when you apply;
• be able to speak and read English or are an Australian Sign Language (AUSLAN) user;
• be available to be rostered between the 4th and 15th April 2018;
• be able to come to Gold Coast for a friendly, informal selection event;
• agree to a background security check
All volunteers must be available for the duration of the Games (4-15 April 2018 inclusive). A number of roles will also require volunteers to have availability during the preparation and arrivals period leading into the Games, from January 2018Good for
- Skilled Volunteer
- Safety and Emergency Services
- Sport and Physical Activities
You must able to attend and meet the cost of travelling to the Gold Coast for three days of training (four for team leaders) between November 2017 and April 2018