About this opportunity
The MS Walk & Fun Run is a very important fundraising event for MS, and simply could not operate without the support of an amazing team of positive and energetic volunteers. This is a fun family day out so why not bring along a team to volunteer with!?
Benefits of volunteering at this event include:
- Great way to meet new people
- You will have a fun day out with family and friends, so why not ask if they
want to volunteer with you!?
- It’s an opportunity to give back to your local community
- Volunteering is a good asset to your resume and future employers. We
provide you with a certificate of appreciation as a record.
- You will help to make a real difference to people living with multiple sclerosis.
All volunteers will be provided with refreshments, an MS volunteer t-shirt, hat, sunscreen, extensive written event and volunteer information as well as the support of MS Staff and Volunteer Team Leaders on event day.
There are a variety of positions to choose from and no experience is necessary! The majority of roles range between 4-7 hours and all involve an early morning start. We do our best to ensure that you are allocated the position you are interested in. The roles include:
- Course Marshals
- Rest Site Assistants
- Start/Finish Site Assistants
- Equipment/Signage Crew
- Pre-Event Assistants
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
Some Team Leader roles require volunteers to undertake a National Police Check.
Shift vary in length, however range from 4 - 7 hours.Good for
- Large group volunteering (10+)
- Travelling/short term volunteers
- Volunteers with a disability
- Volunteers with limited English
- Youth/school volunteers (age 14-18)
- Disability Support
- Fundraising and Events
- Marketing, Media, Communications
- Sport and Physical Activities
We have one briefing sessions available for all volunteers. Volunteers are encouraged to attend this session at our Deakin office: - Thursday, 20th April: 6:30pm – 7:30pm We also provide event documents with key points about specific volunteer roles.Reimbursement
All volunteers are provided with lunch and water on the day.