About this opportunity
The On Water Volunteer will work with the Community, Schools, People with Disabilities to facilitate our mission of “Making a Difference in People’s lives”.
The primary purpose of our volunteers is to ensure that the young people enjoy their on water experience and make them feel amazing.
Volunteers should have excellent people skills relate well to young people, have some experience with people with disabilities and should be motivated and engaging. Whilst no prior sailing experience is necessary, volunteers need to enjoy on water experience and a good sense of balance is highly desirable. Volunteers will assist staff, carers and clients being mindful of safety at all times.
• Friendly, courteous and personable when dealing with clients
• Dependable and punctual
• Self-directed, willing to take initiative when necessary
• Respectful and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Sailing skills are desirable but not a requirement.
Volunteers will require a Working With Children Check (free for volunteers). A membership fee of $25 is required to cover, training and administrative costs.
-- Your passion and enthusiasm will make a difference in the life of a child with disAbilities.
- You will helping to give children with disAbilities the opportunity to consider themselves in a new light, to consider the possibility—whether you are disabled or disadvantaged—of what the future holds for you.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.
Working with Children Check *.
A membership fee of $25 to cover administration, insurance and training.
Shifts 9am - 12pm and/or 12:30 - 2:30pm, flexible weekdaysInterested in
- Disability Support
- Sport and Physical Activities
- Undertake 3 sails to understand the program - Attend Crew Assessment to achieve crew level - On the job learning