1. SEEK Volunteer Privacy Statement
- The privacy of your personal information is very important to Seek Volunteer Pty Ltd (Seek Volunteer).
- This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information you disclose to Seek Volunteer through your use of our sites including www.volunteer.com.au and makeadifference.volunteering.nsw.gov.au (the "Sites").
- By using the Site, you consent to our use of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Where used in this Privacy Statement, the terms "personal information", and "Australian Privacy Principle(s)" have the meaning attributed to those terms in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 ("Privacy Act"). Any reference to "Seek Volunteer", "we", "us" and "our" includes a reference to Seek Volunteer Pty Ltd and each of Seek Volunteer's related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)). Volunteers, Organisations and users who otherwise visit the Site are referred to generically in this Statement as "visitors", "users" or "you" unless the context provides that only volunteers or Organisations are being referred to.
2. Why do I need to supply personal information?
- We need to collect some personal information to be able to effectively co-ordinate volunteer opportunities between volunteers and organisations advertising volunteer roles on Site (Organisations).
- We also require personal information to improve the services we provide and to support Organisations.
3. When is my personal information collected?
- We collect your personal information when you register on the Site as an Organisation or when you supply any information to us by expressing interest in a volunteer opportunity.
- We also collect information when you correspond with us or use the Site to make enquiries.
4. What personal information do you collect?
- If you express interest in a volunteer position, we collect your name and your contact details. We may also collect your year of birth and gender. You may also wish to provide information about yourself such as your skills and qualifications, but this is not personal information.
- If you are an Organisation that registers on our Site, we will collect the personal information (name and contract details) of a contact of your Organisation so that we can be in touch with you regarding your registration, information which may assist you to recruit volunteers and research purposes. We will also collect some information about your Organisation to provide our potential volunteers with relevant information. This information is not personal information.
5. What other information do you collect?
- Seek Volunteer collects non-personal information on Site visits by users including, without limitation, which sections of the Site are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information, and may be shared with SEEK partners to provide them with information relating to how visitors 'use' the Site. This is done for the purpose of improving the services we offer to you. If you wish, you may elect to not accept cookies on your browser.
- SEEK's web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services, and to monitor the use of our Site.
6. Will my personal information be given to anyone else?
- If you express interest in a volunteer role we will pass on the information that you provide to us in relation to that particular volunteer opportunity to the relevant Organisation
- If you register as an Organisation through our Site we will share the information you provide to us to Volunteer Australia as part of our partnership with them to assist them to advance the impact of volunteering in Australia.
- Seek Volunteer may also disclose your personal information to its service providers and contractors from time to time but only for the purpose of assisting us to deliver the products and services we offer to you or to conduct market research about our products and services.
- Seek Volunteer may also disclose your personal information to its related bodies corporate from time to time but only for the purpose of assisting Seek Volunteer and its related bodies corporate to deliver the products and services offered to you.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where it is required by law, such as for law enforcement purposes or where there is a threat to a person's safety.
7. How do we keep your personal information safe?
- Seek Volunteer takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system and to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Any information which we hold for you is stored on secure servers in Australia.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality and privacy of any personal information held by Seek Volunteer. Except in the case of breaches of our obligations under the Privacy Act to protect your personal information, Seek Volunteer will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information. In the event of a data breach, Seek Volunteer is committed to comply in all respects with the requirements of all Australian Privacy Laws including, the requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 (Cth).
8. Can I correct or update my personal information?
- If you have registered with us as an Organisation, you may at any time access and modify the personal information you provided in the registration form by visiting your profile page.
- Users who have asked Seek Volunteer to pass their personal information to an Organisation can request their personal information directly from that Organisation.
- We retain information you provide to us and which we collect about you for so long as we continue to provide services to you. Organisations can delete their account at any time by contacting us using the contacting details in the "Contact Us" section below or by visiting the "Help and Support" area of the Site.
9. Email alerts and other communications
- Users may subscribe to receive emails regarding new volunteering opportunities that match searches you have previously undertaken by providing Seek Volunteer with your email address. Users can unsubscribe from such emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email.
- From time to time we may contact Organisations by email or phone in relation to their use of the Site, new features and other volunteer-related content.
10. Feedback and Complaints
- Seek Volunteer welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Site. Seek Volunteer stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the service we provide and may be shared with Seek Volunteer's partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
- If you have any complaints about our dealings with your personal information including any breaches by us of any Australian Privacy Principles or any questions regarding this Privacy Statement you are able to submit that complaint or query by contacting us using the methods detailed in the "Contact Us" paragraph below. Any complaints received by us will be referred to our compliance team for prompt investigation and a written response will be provided to you as soon as possible. Should you not be satisfied with the resolution of any complaints made you are able to seek further redress through the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see http://www.oaic.gov.au/ for further information).
11. Contacting us
If at any time you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, the practices of this Site or dealings with this Site, you can contact:
Volunteering Western Australia
City West Lotteries House
2 Delhi Street
Ph (08) 9482 4308
Fax (08) 9482 4334
12. How will this privacy statement be updated?
From time to time, Seek Volunteer may review and update its Privacy Statement. Revised versions will be made available on the Site.