Terms and Conditions for Volunteers
By using SEEK Volunteer you understand that listed volunteer organisations are independent organisations responsible for their own actions and not agents of Volunteering Australia Inc. Whilst listed volunteer organisations have represented to Volunteering Australia Inc that they have volunteer insurance, Volunteering Australia cannot warrant this, and recommend that you substantiate this with individual organisations before accepting a volunteer position.
1. The Terms and Conditions
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to your use of this Internet website (Site). By using this Site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this posting. The revised terms will take effect when they are posted.
2. Operation of Site
- The Site enables volunteers such as yourself to access volunteer opportunities. These volunteer opportunities will be posted electronically on the Site by not-for-profit organisations. Where you provide us with information in relation to a particular volunteer opportunity, we will endeavour to provide that information to the relevant not-for-profit organisation. The Site may also include other information of a general nature, links to other websites and information
- While we technically operate the Site we exercise no editorial control over much of the Content on the Site, and in most cases the Content on the Site is provided by other persons, such as not-for-profit organisations and other third parties (Third Party Content).
- The Site only seeks to match your interests in pursuing volunteering with similar opportunities to participate in volunteering activities offered by not for profit organisations. Where such similarities exist we will provide the information you Post on the Site to one or more not for profit organisations. Those organisations will then contact you directly and it is the responsibility of you and the not for profit organisation to determine whether you both wish to pursue the volunteering opportunity.
- Your correspondence or dealings with any not-for-profit organisation or any other third parties are solely between you and those not-for-profit organisations or third parties. We are making no recommendation in relation to the appropriateness of any volunteering opportunity. We do not contract with you and are not responsible in any way for any legal or other requirements relating to any volunteering opportunity. You agree that we will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of your dealings with a not for profit organisation.
- We do not monitor or exercise editorial control over Third Party Content, however we reserve the right at our discretion to:
- access or examine any Third Party Content;
- refuse to provide any Content provided by you to not-for-profit organisations (regardless of whether you were responding to a particular volunteer opportunity); and
- move, remove or disable access to Third Party Content which we consider, in our sole opinion, to breach any Applicable Law or to be otherwise unacceptable.
- You are not permitted to access the Site or use SEEK Volunteer's services in any way if you are a data subject for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, being Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
3. Your Use of the Site
- You must not Post any Content that:
- you do not have the right to Post;
- is defamatory or in contempt of any legal or other proceedings;
- is misleading or deceptive;
- incites hatred or discrimination against any group of persons being a group defined by reference to colour, race, sex, origin, nationality or ethnic or national origins;
- denounces religious or political beliefs;
- includes religious or political material which is or is likely to be offensive;
- is indecent, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive or of doubtful propriety or of a menacing character or is likely to annoy or concern;
- infringes any copyright, trade mark, patent orother intellectual property right of another person;
- contains any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material;
- contains viruses or similar software or data which is designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware; or
- impersonates any person or misrepresents your relationship with any person.
- You must not:
- disrupt or interfere with the Site or servers or other software, hardware or equipment connected to or via the Site;
- violate any Applicable Law relating to your use of the Site; or
- collect or store personal data about other users of the Site.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge that Content on the Site is subject to copyright and possibly other intellectual property rights (Intellectual Property Rights).
- Unless you are expressly authorised by law you must not yourself, or participate in or permit any other person, to:
- sell, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, publicly perform, prepare derivative works based on, repost or otherwise use any of the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose without our prior written consent;
- use any Content on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose; or
- otherwise infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any person in using the Site or any Content.
- Nothing you do on or in relation to the Site will transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to you or licence you to exercise any Intellectual Property Rights unless this is expressly stated.
- We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to this Site and are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this Site (including without limitation sites linked through advertisements). The inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse the linked site, and you use the links at your own risk.
7. Use of the Site is at Your Risk
- You use the Site at your risk. You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content. You should seek your own independent advice with respect to any Content.
- We endeavour to provide a convenient and functional Site, but we do not guarantee that the Content will be error free or that the Site or the server that operates it are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- If your use of the Site results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment or data, we will not be responsible for such costs.
- Without limiting the above provisions, you use the Site at your risk and everything on the Site is provided to you "as is" and "as available" without warranty or condition of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly disclaim and exclude any representation or warranty whether express or implied under or in relation to your use of the Site. Where such a condition cannot be excluded then, to the extent permitted by law, our liability is limited, at our option, to re-supply of the good or service to which the condition relates or the payment of the cost of such a re-supply.
8. Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law we have no liability to you, whether for breach of these terms or in negligence or in any other tort or for any other common law or statutory cause of action arising in relation to these terms, the Site or the Content.
- To the extent permitted by law no party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site or any Content will be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings resulting from your access to, or use of, or inability to use the Site and the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence or any other legal theory, and whether or not we know of the possibility of such damage.
9. General Provisions
- We will give you any necessary notices by posting them on the Site. You agree:
- to check the Site for notices; and
- that you will be considered to have received a notice when it is made available to you by posting on the Site.
- You acknowledge that we may, in our sole discretion and with or without notice,
- vary the Site or any part of the Site; and
- modify or discontinue this Site, any part of the Site and the services available on it without notice.
- The provisions of these terms and conditions entitled "Use of the Site is at Your Risk", "Limitation of Liability," and "General Provisions" will survive cancellation of your registration or termination of this agreement.
- If any part of this agreement is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
- This agreement will be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Site or the Content or your breach of this agreement.
Applicable Law in relation to any person, action or thing means the following in relation to that person, action or thing:
- any law, rule or regulation of any country (or political sub-division of a country)
- any obligation under any licence in any country (or political sub-division of a country); and
- any lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator in any country (or political sub-division of a country).
Content includes things that you may see, read, hear, download or access on or via the Site (including but not limited to messages, files, data, software, images, photographs, illustrations, text and other materials).
Posted includes uploaded, posted, emailed or otherwise electronically transmitted.
We or us means Volunteering Australia.