Volunteering for Learning for Employment's AMEP Volunteer Tutor Scheme involves going to the homes of newly arrived migrants and refugees or meeting them at another convenient place e.g. a local library, a community centre etc. to help them learn English.
Objective: To support adult migrants and refugees to acquire English language skills, find links to the community and understand Australian values and culture.
• Meet with the student and provide English language support, community information and a general understanding of Australian culture
• Prepare session materials which meet the student's needs
• Maintain regular contact with the Volunteer Coordinator
• Report on session deliveries using the appropriate reporting template
• A comprehensive initial training course is provided free of cost
• Access to learning resources and follow up workshops
• Ongoing support from the Volunteer Tutor Program Coordinator