An exciting opportunity is available for an early morning volunteer driver to collect fresh unsold bread from local bakeries and deliver it to our community workshop at Tempe. Other volunteers will then slice and package the bread, and prepare it for delivery to those who need it.
The successful applicant will collect bread in accordance with a planned itinerary, driving one of our Toyota HiAce vans. If you are over 25 and hold a current Australian Class C (car) Driver Licence, we would like to hear from you. The minimum commitment is three hours per week, with various days available.
- conduct a visual safety check of the van
- visit prescribed bakeries to collect unsold bread
- transport the bread to our Tempe workshop
- lift moderate weight (up to 15 kg)
- handle bread products safely and hygienically
- Reliability, punctuality and good organisational skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to use a street directory or GPS navigation
- Calm and courteous driving manner
Gift of Bread has a COVID-19 safety plan in operation at every volunteer session. We also have a trained health officer in attendance at all sessions, to check the temperature and general health of every volunteer. The safety and welfare of our volunteers is of paramount importance to us.
Benefits: Volunteering allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place. Dedicating your time as a volunteer, helps you make new friends, expand your network, raise your self-confidence, improve your social and work skills and achieve a natural sense of accomplishment.