Do you want to help in the rescue of native animals, while working with a dedicated team of volunteers across Australia? We want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking skilled individuals nation-wide, who have experience in helping native animals in need, to carry out the role of a Phone Coordinator.
Wildlife Rescue Australia (WRA) is a not-for-profit voluntary association, operating throughout Australia and staffed exclusively by home-based volunteers. It is dedicated to the rescue of all Australian native animals and operates a national 24/7 emergency call centre for the rescue of native wildlife.
About the role: This opportunity is ongoing, with multiple positions available, and can be completely carried out remotely/from home. Our Phone Coordinators are considered the most important volunteers within WRA, and contribute to ensuring the rescue and welfare of our beautiful native animals.
With the support of the Call Centre Manager, other Phone Coordinators and Volunteers, you will play a key role in directing carers or rescuers across Australia to assist/collect wildlife at risk, or with injuries, and providing accurate advice to callers.
- take phone calls from members of the public or organisations requesting help with native animals in need,
- evaluate the need for assistance and advise the caller how to proceed,
- if required, contact potential rescuers, wildlife carers or vet clinics or other specialised people to organise rescue and care for the animal.
All WRA phone coordinators are home-based phone coordinators and use professionally-written computer software to locate potential rescuers etc. All software required for the role is supplied by Wildlife Rescue, free of charge, with training and support provided.
Skills and experience needed: The role of Phone Coordinator requires mature communication skills, reliable access to a desktop or laptop computer with adequate internet speed and very good computer skills. Ideally, you will have:
- experience in and passion for wildlife or native animals, and animal welfare (preferrable but not essential).
- customer service experience, or similar, with strong written and verbal communication skills (experience in a similar role or volunteer position would be beneficial)
- experience working within a team environment with good organisational abilities
- strong problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- ability to volunteer in an ongoing capacity, and work on a roster with other Phone Coordinators (availability can be discussed)
All applicants must:
- be aged minimum 18 years or over; and
- have a computer with OS Windows 8.1 or macOS Catalina or later.
If you are looking to use your skills, knowledge or passion for animals to support a reputable organisation, and make a real difference to the rescue and care of our precious wildlife, please apply now.