- Own transport or capacity to organise
- Working with children check (Over 18’s)
- Completed Volunteer form and undertaken volunteer induction
- Check-in/sign in to centre upon arrival and departure EACH time the centre is attended.
- Capacity to attend the centre on a weekly basis to assist with program sessions.
- Previous horse handling experience (training will be provided)
- Previous experience working in the disability/allied health/education sectors.
Skills and Attributes:
- Be able to walk unaided on uneven ground.
- Ability to interpret arena layout plan and set up both individually and in small groups.
- Capacity to lead compliant “user-friendly” horse during program session with quiet riders (training provided)
- Capacity to follow instructions if given, when approaching the ramp for mounting while leading a horse.
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate with people in the surrounding environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to last-minute changes to program session plans
- Comfortable providing feedback to Coach or staff members in relation to sessions.
Duties & Task Examples:
- Setting up arena
- Pre-measure stirrups and put out required saddles with appropriate safety equipment added
- Clear yards of manure at end of the day
- Assist in the preparation of horses (training provided)
- Leading “user-friendly” horses (where appropriate)
- Assist participants during sessions by walking alongside horses
- Assist with handing out equipment to riders during sessions
- Packing down of arena
- Assistance to take horses back to paddocks once sessions have finished.
We have a COVIDSafe plan and training in place. This includes the use QR codes, social distancing and attendance protocols
Benefits: Come along and join our centre as a Volunteer to find enjoyment by working alongside our horses and participants. We work in a fun, rural outdoor setting located in the Hawkesbury District, NSW.