The MarionLIFE receptionist is one of the most important roles in our community centre. Receptionists are the first point of contact and the first person most people will interact with when accessing MarionLIFE. The receptionist makes the centre feel welcoming, safe, and respectful to all. This role supports the Emergency Relief team who are supporting members of our community who are facing many complexities and challenges in life.
This position is a part of a dedicated team of volunteers who are under the direction of the Services Coordinator. You will be responsible for the intake of people seeking assistance through Emergency Relief or other MarionLIFE groups and courses, managing phone calls, input of some data into the computer database and other administrative tasks as needed.
Currently, we are looking for volunteers who can work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9am to12pm.
SPECIFIC TASKS & DUTIES
- Be a positive and welcoming first point of contact for people making enquiries or accessing programs at MarionLIFE, in person or by phone.
- Supporting MarionLIFE’s Emergency Relief service with client intake and entering information into the database (training to be provided).
- Using great communication skills to show respect to all people who come through our door and provide a good public image for MarionLIFE
- Work in both a team environment and independently
- Ability to manage phone and in-person inquiries, and record these into a computer system (training will be provided)
- Willingness to learn about other local organisations and services available for referral
- Commitment to take part in individual and group training.
- Commitment to social justice principles, and willingness to embrace the mission of MarionLIFE Community Services Inc
PERSON & QUALITIES
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Some computer skills (specific training will be provided)
- Enthusiastic and empathetic approach to the work
- Able to relate with sensitivity to a wide range of people
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Able to maintain confidentiality according to MarionLIFE policies
- Some understanding and sensitivity to the impacts of social issues facing people experiencing food insecurity - and a willingness to ongoing learning
- Willingness to work towards the goals of MarionLIFE Community Services Inc.
- Ability to respect values that may differ from your own
- Reliable, punctual, and flexible
- DHS Working with Children Check (Current)