We need people who will play a vital role in giving a hand up to people in need by volunteering at our warehouse to sort through items collected in our donation bins. All the items collected need to be checked for signs of damage before being prepared to distribute directly to people in need and to our retail stores.
Join a friendly atmosphere in our well air conditioned sorting room, biscuits. tea and coffee are provided for our volunteers and they enjoy discounts on purchases through our retail store.
We are committed to providing adequate work equipment and love to reward our volunteers in various ways.
This type of work would be best suited to people who are able to -
- Follow Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures under the direction of a Supervisor
- Recognize the value of a variety of products or labels
- Identify between saleable & non-saleable goods
- Work standing for long periods
- Read & write
- Work well with a diverse group