Men’s Business is funded by the Commonwealth Home Support Programme to assist older residents, residents with a disability or their carers, who live independently in the City of Onkaparinga, with support to socially connect and provide carers a break from their caring role. Social connection has valuable health benefits by improving wellbeing and offering the opportunity to socialise and connect with others.
- Provide a professional, welcoming and friendly service
- Support participants with dignity and respect, encouraging independence and development of skills with choice and control
- Encourage and support the participants to engage with one another socially through conversation and games of pool
- Support the participants by following any Work, Health and Safety requirements or guidelines
- Assist with the setting up and packing up of planned activities
- Report all incidents, hazards, near misses and accidents as soon as reasonably practicable
The successful applicant must possess and provide a Department of Human Services (DHS) clearance (Aged Care Sector).
Men’s Business operates weekly on a Wednesday, from 12 noon to 3.00 pm.