Volunteering with MEHG is a great way to meet like-minded people and make new friends. Volunteer for just one day or become a regular. Weekdays and weekends available. We are always looking for extra hands! Our current activities include:
- Mandurah Nature Trails – planting and nurturing trees to provide habitat for wildlife and comfort to people.
- Nest Box Monitoring – building / installing nest boxes; managing the webcams and data.
- Friends of Samphire Cove – taking care of the flora and fauna at this A Class nature reserve in Halls Head.
- Canoeing & River Care – returning soon (funding received). Help us to kick start these activities.
- Environment & Heritage – advocating for the preservation of Mandurah’s natural and built assets.
- Event & Activity Planning – attending our monthly meetings to help with planning and managing our activities..
- Spreading the Word – sharing our projects and knowledge with the public; digitally, at events/stalls and by invitation.
- Dudley Dolphin – chaperoning our popular dolphin mascot at events and school visits. Or even wearing the costume!
We have some other exciting projects in the pipeline, and big ideas for the future. Check out the MEHG website or the Mandurah Environment Facebook page for updates.