This role is advertised by Volunteer West, the volunteer resource centre of Australian Multicultural Community Services on behalf of Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages (VACL)
Organisation description: VACL, the peak body for Aboriginal Languages revitalization in the state of Victoria, leaders in the field of Language Revitalization, Language Reclamation, Resource Development, Research, and the archival, development, Aboriginal Language Library and Aboriginal languages Advocacy, is moving its library and needs volunteers to help.
- Packing and moving (heavy lifting involved) - securely packing and manually moving books etc. in boxes and then unpacking and shelving.
- Collating and cataloging - organizing the records into easily accessible order
- This is a physically demanding role where heavy lifting is required.
- Short-term and by negotiations
- 2-4 weeks hours negotiated
- Willing to work as a team and appreciation for First Peoples’s heritage and culture.
Diversity & inclusiveness
- This role be made suitable for a volunteer with a disability and/or who wants to improve their conversational English skills.
Benefits volunteers will get from this role include:
- Team-work participation.
- Organisational skills.
- Rewarding work as we are moving a unique collection of language material and learning resources.
- Insight into First Peoples’ heritage.
- Letter of participation.
- Work that requires 4h+ will include lunch vouchers or lunch onsite.