Are you: Interested in clinical and community-based volunteer work? Over the age of 18 and hold an unencumbered Australian driver's license? Able to easily work solo but also as part of a team? Physically able to perform CPR?
Then St John could use your help!
The Volunteer Ambulance Officer role involves:
- participating in the sub-centre roster to attend ambulance jobs (this includes both emergency situations and routine patient transfers);
- attending public events to provide first aid services;
- attend training regularly to maintain skills;
- completing accurate records for ambulance calls; and
- completing general duties associated with maintaining vehicles and the sub centre to the required standard.
Resilient communities are founded on the idea of reciprocity – giving back and looking out for one another in times of need. St John Volunteers do just that - they help keep their communities strong. No role has a greater meaning than one that can change the life of a friend or loved one.