The Learner Driver Supervising Mentors take on the supervising role
that parents or other significant adults in the learner’s life would have
otherwise be provided. They also carry some additional responsibility because
they are involved in a program that provides a service to the young learner
drivers. This is similar to the additional duty of care expected of teachers
when caring for children in the school environment in the absence of their
• This is an ongoing position & can be undertaken to meet Centrelink
• Volunteers are encouraged to actively provide input and feedback on the
running of the program and participate in WCC volunteer forums,
meetings, events and functions.
• Certificates of participation are provided each year to volunteers, and
volunteers are encouraged to attend volunteer recognition events (eg;
international volunteer day celebration)
Training & support
Volunteers must be willing to undertake the following training;
• Initial training provided by VicRoads
• Induction to Whittlesea Community Connections, including an overview of
relevant policies and procedures.
• An introduction to volunteering, covering rights and responsibilities.
The car & fuel will be provided. The Project Coordinator is available for support &
de-briefing, and regular meetings will be held with all volunteer mentors.
Browser upgrade recommended
It looks like you may be using a web browser version that we don’t support. Make sure you’re using the most recent version of your browser, or try using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, to get the full SEEK Volunteer experience.